Sunday, September 4, 2016

Introduction

Hi. I went to the University of Michigan-Flint for my undergrad. I have bachelor degrees in history and Spanish with a minor in linguistics. I have worked at the UM-Flint library for 9 years; half as a student worker, and the last half as a staff member. I will be going to grad school part time, commuting from Flint, since I will still be working full time at the library. My specialization at UMSI is LIS, but I also want to look into ARM and PI. I am interested in working in academic libraries as a career, but I do want to take a class on public libraries, since spending so much time there as a kid either for leisure or school (before the Internet was a thing) is what gave me a love for libraries. My dream job is to work for English Heritage or its sister organizations in the British Isles in the historical preservation field, whether preservation for a historical site or medieval documents.

My hobbies are reading, playing video games, watching movies and tv shows, and hanging with my sister and her 3 daughters, and their 3 dogs and cat (sadly I have no pets of my own because I am allergic). I am obsessed with Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Kingdom Hearts, the British Isles and lots of other stuff.

I am excited to start grad school. It's been 5 years since I have taken classes, but 1.5 years since my thesis on King Arthur and British national identity was accepted. So I kind of feel like I haven't had too much of a break from school. I will have to again get used to getting less than 8 hours of sleep a night. The lack of sleep is my one concern involving grad school.

I created this blog for my introductory library class. I have to report my thoughts on our class discussions and readings. As I have never blogged before, I have no idea how to navigate this blog website, so any help would be very much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy and welcome to 647! Check out this resource from Google about using Blogger -- maybe it will help? If not, let us know!

    https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/1623800?hl=en

    ReplyDelete